Data Engineers influence how empathy.co does business, one data-driven decision at a time! In this role, you’ll develop software, data pipelines and applications to apply mathematical algorithms to data and perform large scale data reduction and analysis.
Your work will inform, influence and support business decisions and product design. You’ll also be involved in the design, development, and implementation of high performance and easy-to-use data visualisations and automation scripts.
What are we looking for?
A committed, enthusiastic and open minded individual with the capacity to empathize with our customers. Someone who is not afraid to ask questions and always keen to learn and improve. A motivated self-starter who loves a challenge and is always pushing themselves, their ideas, and the norm.
As a part of one of the market leaders and a fast-growing company, you will have the opportunity to direct and lead our path while reaching millions of users with your innovations.
Position based out of Gijón / A Coruña / Remote.
- Degree in Computer Science or related fields (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computational Neuroscience)
- 2+ years of experience designing and building backend systems (preferably oriented towards the processing of large volumes of data)
- Deep fluency in at least one backend programming language (Python 3+, Java 8, Scala, etc.)
- Analytical mindset to identify issues and opportunities
- An advanced degree (MsC, PhD) in a specialisation is preferred
- Machine learning and deep learning knowledge and experience
- Hands-on experience developing microservices based architectures and the technologies that enable them (containers, REST APIs, messaging queues, etc.)
- Experience with distributed frameworks like Apache Spark or Apache Hadoop
- Experience with the following technologies: MongoDB, Cassandra, ELK Solr, Redis…
- Experience with Team collaboration tools such as Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence, etc.
- Experience with unit testing and continuous integration
- Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- 2.5K training budget per year
- Reduced working hours on Fridays and during the summer months
- Private medical insurance
- Free English lessons
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Unlimited fruit, coffee and tea
- Online functional training classes
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help brands provide irresistible search, pairing software with interfaces to combine function and beauty in one. Today, it remains free from the investors trap while maintaining a 30% year-on-year growth and a cashflow positive balance since its inception. This means we can focus solely on Product with 0% resource allocation to sales and 100% to Product.
Top companies like Carrefour (EU), Kroger (US), Inditex (Worldwide) and Vodafone (EU) trust empathy.co to revolutionise Information Retrieval from mere results to meaningful relations. Liberating search from data by giving design and aesthetics the role they deserve, transforming interactions into an art-form that people want to be a part of.
empathy.co is currently going through an expansion process with our team (140 and growing) distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in A Coruña and Gijón.