As a DevOps Engineer at empathy.co, you’ll work with the rest of our engineering teams to maintain the Search Platform used by some of the world’s top eCommerce brands.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Infrastructure: Designing and maintaining Empathy’s cloud-based systems and container-first applications.
- Continuous Development: Empathy customers expect low turnaround times, which requires a solid CI/CD infrastructure in place.
- Monitoring: Real-time monitoring of our systems is key to deliver a reliable service to Empathy’s customers.
- Security: Follow security best practices and comply with the latest industry standards and regulations.
- Tooling: Development and maintenance of internal tools to support the rest of the teams in the company.
As one of the market leaders in Search and Discovery, empathy.co is also one of the top tech companies in Asturias, and we’ve reached this position because we like to do things differently and love to challenge the norm.
If you’re looking for a company full of smart, outstanding and enthusiastic people who not only design awesome technology but have fun in the process then this could be the place for you.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A committed, enthusiastic and forward-thinking individual with the capacity to empathise with our customers.
Someone who is not afraid to ask questions and always keen to learn and improve. A motivated self-starter who loves a challenge.
- Three or more years of Linux server administration and networking experience
- Two or more years of Amazon Web Services and/or Google Cloud experience
- Experience with multiple programming languages: Java 8+, Python 3 and/or Go
- Experience with continuous integration, delivery and unit testing
- Understand service monitoring, observability and instrumentation
- Knowledge about Docker and container orchestration (ECS, Kubernetes, …)
- Team collaboration tools such as Git, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- An analytical mindset to identify issues and opportunities
- Experience building reliable distributed systems
- Experience with ELK Stack, Prometheus, Solr, MongoDB, …
- Experience with any Lucene based system (such as Solr or Elasticsearch)
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code tooling (like Terraform)
- Understand data modelling, analysis, design, testing and implementation
- Knowledge about security standards and practices
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- An advanced degree in a specialisation is preferred
- Working with cutting edge technologies
- Competitive salary
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Modern office and young, bright team
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team building events)
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Mentoring and personal development as well as travel opportunities
- Participation in hackathons
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Enjoy our fabulous office gym and musical instruments
- Unlimited coffee, tea and fruits
- Reduced working hours on a Friday and during the summer months
- Free English lessons at the office
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture