As part of an agile product team, you’ll collaborate with designers and other engineers in the quest of evolving and continuously improving the product.
What are we looking for?
A committed, enthusiastic and forward-thinking individual with the capacity to empathise with our customers.
Someone who is not afraid to ask questions and who is always keen to learn and improve.
A motivated self-starter who loves a challenge and who is always pushing themselves, their ideas, and the norm.
Position based out of Gijón / A Coruña / Remote.
- Passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Ability to collaborate with visual and user experience designers to create and implement new features
- Experience interfacing with RESTful services
- Component-oriented development
- Ability to write effective unit, integration and e2e tests
- Proactivity, commitment and autonomy
- Open mindset and eagerness to learn
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less
- Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks such as Jasmine, Mocha, Selenium, or Protractor
- Experience with frontend tooling such as Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Bower, or npm
- Experience with data visualisation tools such as D3.js or deck.gl
- Knowledge of TypeScript and/or ES6
- Strong taste for design and understanding of UX
- Concerned about performance, scalability, reliability, mobile-first and cross-browser capabilities
- Experience with Git and other team collaboration tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- 2.5K training budget per year
- Reduced working hours on Fridays and during the summer months
- Private medical insurance
- Free English lessons
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Unlimited fruit, coffee and tea
- Online functional training classes
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help brands provide irresistible search, pairing software with interfaces to combine function and beauty in one. Today, it remains free from the investors trap while maintaining a 30% year-on-year growth and a cashflow positive balance since its inception. This means we can focus solely on Product with 0% resource allocation to sales and 100% to Product.
Top companies like Carrefour (EU), Kroger (US), Inditex (Worldwide) and Vodafone (EU) trust empathy.co to revolutionise Information Retrieval from mere results to meaningful relations. Liberating search from data by giving design and aesthetics the role they deserve, transforming interactions into an art-form that people want to be a part of.
empathy.co is currently going through an expansion process with our team (160 and growing) distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in A Coruña and Gijón.