As a Support Engineer atempathy.co, you’ll work as an hybrid profile who is capable of combining both frontend and backend technologies helping our customers throughout their journey with us.
Position based out of Gijón or A Coruña.
What will I do?
Feel happy, nothing makes us feel happier than feeling creative and playful ;)
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the QA team in bug detections
- Ensure the quality of all the deliverables of the company
- Help to build an automated testing environment
Don’t be afraid of asking questions and always be keen to learn and improve.
Empathize with our customers being a committed, enthusiastic and open minded individual.
- Experience with Java 7+
- Passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Ability to collaborate with visual and user experience designers to create and implement new features
- Experience interfacing with RESTful services
- Component oriented development
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Proactivity, commitment and autonomous
- An open mindset and eagerness to learn
- Understanding of CSS pre-processors such as Sass or Less
- Ability to write effective unit, integration and e2e tests
- Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks: Jasmine, Mocha, Selenium, Protractor…
- Experience with frontend tooling: Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Bower, npm…
- Strong taste for design and understanding of UX
- Interest in performance, scalability, reliability, mobile-first and cross-browser capabilities
- Experience with Git and other team collaboration tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Competitive salary
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Modern office and nimble, bright team
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team-building events)
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Mentoring and personal development as well as travel opportunities
- Participation in hackathons
- Flexible working hours & possibility to work from home
- Private medical insurance
- 2.5K Training Budget per year
- Enjoy our fabulous office gym and musical instruments
- Unlimited fruit, coffee and tea
- Reduced working hours on a Friday and during the summer months
- Free English lessons at the office
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help eCommerce stores provide a more joyful search and discovery experience, pairing great technology, functionality and features with customer inspiration, emotions and empathy.
As a self-financed company, we dictate our own roadmap and our technology, products and teams are all driven by the desire to be challenged, to grow and to innovate. This vision is accomplished by creating an inventive, imaginative and creative ecosystem, which is handled with efficiency, standards and processes that render high profitability and growth.
A fast-growing company, Empathy is currently going through an expansion process. Today, our team (90 and growing) is distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón and growing Engineering teams in A Coruña, Narón and Gijón.
Some of the largest and most successful commerce stores in the world use empathy.co including: Vodafone, Mango, Inditex, Casa del Libro, Interflora, Adolfo Dominguez, Accessorize, AdoreMe, Fenwick and Soho House. For more information visit www.empathy.co.