As a Support Engineer at empathy.co, you’ll work as an hybrid profile who is capable of combining both frontend and backend technologies.
Position based out of Gijón, A Coruña or Narón.
What will I do?
Feel happy, nothing makes us feel happier than feeling creative and playful ;)
You will be responsible for the Support of our search products, helping our clients throughout their journey with us.
Don’t be afraid of asking questions and always be keen to learn and improve.
Empathize with our customers being a committed, enthusiastic and open minded individual.
What will Empathy do for you?
- Create the conditions for your growth, expose you to challenges from which the greatest opportunities arise
- Make you participant of a team that is behind the most successful and fascinating Commerce Search projects out there such as Vodafone, Massimo Dutti, Oysho, Pull&Bear or Casa del Libro
- Give you access to cutting edge technologies
- Competitive salary
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Modern office with incredible views, fantastic gym and a growing set of musical instruments
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team building events)
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Mentoring and personal development as well as travel opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Private medical insurance
- Reduced working hours on a Friday and during the summer months
- Unlimited coffee, tea and fruits
- Free English lessons at the office
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
- Experience with Java 7+
- Passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Ability to collaborate with visual and user experience designers to create and implement new features
- Experience interfacing with RESTful services
- Component oriented development
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple task assignments
- Proactivity, commitment and autonomous
- An open mindset and eagerness to learn
- Understanding of CSS pre-processors such as Sass or Less
- Ability to write effective unit, integration and e2e tests
- Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks: Jasmine, Mocha, Selenium, Protractor…
- Experience with frontend tooling: Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Bower, npm…
- Strong taste for design and understanding of UX
- Interest in performance, scalability, reliability, mobile-first and cross-browser capabilities
- Experience with Git and other team collaboration tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help eCommerce stores provide a more joyful search and discovery experience, pairing great technology, functionality and features with customer inspiration, emotions and empathy.
As a self-financed company, we dictate our own roadmap and our technology, products and teams are all driven by the desire to be challenged, to grow and to innovate. This vision is accomplished by creating an inventive, imaginative and creative ecosystem, which is handled with efficiency, standards and processes that render high profitability and growth.
A fast-growing company, Empathy is currently going through an expansion process. Today, our team (60 and growing) is distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón and growing Engineering teams in A Coruña, Narón and Gijón.
Some of the largest and most successful commerce stores in the world use empathy.co including: Vodafone, Mango, Inditex, Casa del Libro, Interflora, Adolfo Dominguez, Accessorize, AdoreMe, Fenwick and Soho House. For more information visit www.empathy.co.