Become part of our challenging and exciting Apps project!
As an iOS Developer at Empathy, you will lead the way by combining creativity and technical skills to design and build amazing visual component libraries for our clients to use within the iOS platform.
You will collaborate with a team of talented developers to define, design, and ship new features, as well as ensure the correct performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications.
You’ll be responsible for supporting the entire application lifecycle by identifying and correcting bottlenecks and fixing bugs, by helping to maintain code quality, organization, and automatization, and by contributing to the design, testing, release, and support.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for a passionate iOS Developer who takes pride in creating beautiful experiences and who really cares about the user experience. Someone with excellent analytical skills who is committed to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and the creation of quality products.
The position is based out of Gijón / Coruña / Remote.
- Experience with iOS projects using Swift
- Knowledge of reactive frameworks such as RxSwift and Combine
- Passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Experience interfacing with RESTful services
- Ability to write effective unit, integration and e2e tests
- Proactivity, commitment, and autonomy
- Open mindset and eagerness to learn
- Outstanding spoken and written English (C1-C2)
- Experience with Android projects using Kotlin
- Experience with multiple architectures like MVI, MVP, MVVM, VIPER or Flux
- Experience with modern libraries and frameworks like Jetpack, Hilt
- Knowledge of mobile testing frameworks such as Espresso, XCTest, JUnit5, Speck, and Quick
- Experience with automatization tools such as Gradle, CocoaPods, Swift Package Manager, and Fastlane
- Strong taste for design and understanding of UX
- Concerned about performance, scalability and reliability capabilities
- Experience with Git and other team collaboration tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- 2.5K training budget per year
- Reduced working hours on Fridays and during the summer months
- Private medical insurance
- Free English lessons
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Unlimited fruit, coffee and tea
- Online functional training classes
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help brands provide irresistible search, pairing software with interfaces to combine function and beauty in one. Today, it remains free from the investors trap while maintaining a 30% year-on-year growth and a cashflow positive balance since its inception. This means we can focus solely on Product with 0% resource allocation to sales and 100% to Product.
Top companies like Carrefour (EU), Kroger (US), Inditex (Worldwide) and Vodafone (EU) trust empathy.co to revolutionise Information Retrieval from mere results to meaningful relations. Liberating search from data by giving design and aesthetics the role they deserve, transforming interactions into an art-form that people want to be a part of.
empathy.co is currently going through an expansion process with our team (160 and growing) distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in A Coruña and Gijón.