Empathy.co is looking for a Key Accounts Manager to help manage our key client projects to ensure they’re well co-ordinated, delivered on time, within budget and scope, and are wonderfully communicated.
As the company continues to grow we’re now looking to expand our Project Management and Key Accounts teams to ensure that we’re providing our customers with the highest level of service and support.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure projects run smoothly, within defined timeframes and selected scopes. They’ll be able to co-ordinate and manage internal teams, set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor and summarise progress.
You’ll have a good business acumen, be comfortable and competent at working with senior leaders and technical teams and must be an excellent communicator filled with passion, understanding and empathy.
We’re looking for someone with a technical degree who’s results-orientated, a great relationship builder, and a visionary. Someone who’s always keen to think outside-of-the-box with the creativity to look at a problem from a different angle to arrive at a better solution. The ideal applicant will have an appetite for learning, be able to manage and work across multiple tasks, and be very hands on.
A great facilitator, you’ll be able to build bridges between teams and communicate status clearly, concisely, and accurately. You’ll be super organized and detail-oriented with a big picture mindset and a passion for technology and innovation.
The position is based out of Gijón.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Coordinate internal resources for the flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and to budget.
- Assist in the definition of the project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility.
- Confirm resource availability and allocation.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, schedule and costs using appropriate verification techniques.
- Measure and track project performance using suitable tools and techniques.
- Report and escalate to management as needed.
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Develop comprehensive project plans to be shared with clients as well as other internal stakeholders.
- Use and continually develop leadership skills.
Education and job experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or above in Computer Science or a similar technical field.
- At least 2-3 years’ proven working experience in project management.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Spanish and English.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Scrum Methodologies certification or equivalent is a plus.
- An excellent technical knowledge and understanding.
- Previous work within a start-up environment, SaaS or the eCommerce Industry is not essential but advantageous.
Key skills and behaviours:
- A creative and innovative thinker who’s passionate about Technology and doing things differently.
- Ability to work at pace while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability and drive to learn new skills and tasks quickly.
- Proactivewith a teamwork
- Experience in a fast changing and fast-paced company.
- Experience and enjoyment of balancing numerous priorities and demands.
- Ability to be highly productive.
- Outstanding interpersonal, communication, and business partnering skills with demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and at various levels within a company.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to meet deadlines and operate with a sense of urgency and a self-starter orientation.
- Proven track record of setting up and driving broad, complex projects across an organization.
- A willingness to roll-up your sleeves and do what it takes to get things done.
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours.
- Private medical insurance.
- Modern office.
- Opportunity to attend relevant training courses.
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team building event).
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture.
Empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help eCommerce stores provide a more joyful search and discovery experience, one that pairs great technology, functionality and features with customer inspiration, emotions and empathy.
Today, some of the world’s largest and most successful commerce stores rely on empathy.co to create industry-leading shopping experiences including: Zara, Vodafone, Kroger, Dynamic Yield, Rich Relevance, Office Depot, AdoreMe, Fenwick, Mango, Accessorize, Adolfo Dominguez, Pepe Jeans, Matas, Hesehus, Consum, Casa del Libro, Interflora and Soho House.
Empathy.co is currently going through an expansion process that began when we opened our London office and today our team (50 and growing) is distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in Narón.