We have an irresistible mission for you!
To drive a team designed to make all Empathy resources, documentation and deployment examples absolutely irresistible.
As Empathy’s Product Owner for Docs, you will be assisted by a Scrum Master, a Technical Lead and a multi-disciplinary team that you will participate in building.
Your team will collaborate with other Product Teams who are also upgrading their Technical Writing capabilities and API development (where suitable).
You will be working side by side with the leadership team for product, customer success, engineering and, of course, operations and our CEO.
WHAT WILL YOUR OBJECTIVES BE?
- Define a plan, prioritise effect-effort.
- Define a team, short and long term. The most wonderful and kind. People’s team (who happens to be writing this post) will help you!
- Own the product, communicate it, keep things simple.
- Map Digital Empathy principles to Docs deliverables (make them fun and joyful, make them comprehensive and, most importantly, make them open and trustworthy).
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A success-driven individual, with a genuine interest in technology, a product mindset and the drive to lead our EmpathyDocs team to the next level. Someone who is curious, committed, extremely communicative and a great issue solver. A person with a technical background who also loves writing and has the ability to convert complex information into clear, simple and engaging messages.
In your day-to-day you’ll work independently and use your own initiative and creativity in order to:
- Create, identify and drive new technical content and daily manage our API documentation library.
- Review content written by other technical internal stakeholders such as developers, engineers and analysts.
- Ensure consistency across all documentation through the creation of and adherence to brand and content guidelines.
- Connect on a peer-to-peer level with developers and other advocates or influencers to develop industry relationships and spot opportunities for collaboration, sponsorship and partnerships.
- Research and detect opportunities to expand the company’s developer network and build brand awareness within the developer community through social media, forums, talks and events.
Position based out of Gijón/ A Coruña / Remote
- Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- Previous working experience as a Product Owner for at least 2 years (or similar ownership/driving positions)
- A product mindset with a strong grasp of end-user interaction
- An in-depth technical knowledge with experience in technical writing
- Deep understanding of software product lifecycle
- Outstanding written communication skills in English
- Previous work within a start-up environment, SaaS or the eCommerce Industry
- Love of APIs and Search
- A visual and creative eye to be able to produce aesthetically pleasing content with good attention to detail
- Ability to work at pace while juggling multiple tasks and priorities
- A creative and innovative thinker who’s passionate about Technology and doing things differently
- Ability and drive to learn new skills and tasks quickly
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Flexible working hours & possibility to work from home
- 2.5K training budget per year
- Reduced working hours on Fridays and during the summer months
- Private medical insurance
- Free English lessons at the office
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Unlimited fruit, coffee and tea
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help brands provide irresistible search, pairing software with interfaces to combine function and beauty in one. Today, it remains free from the investors trap while maintaining a 30% year-on-year growth and a cashflow positive balance since its inception. This means we can focus solely on Product with 0% resource allocation to sales and 100% to Product.
Top companies like Carrefour (EU), Kroger (US), Inditex (Worldwide) and Vodafone (EU) trust empathy.co to revolutionise Information Retrieval from mere results to meaningful relations. Liberating search from data by giving design and aesthetics the role they deserve, transforming interactions into an art-form that people want to be a part of.
empathy.co is currently going through an expansion process with our team (110 and growing) distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in A Coruña and Gijón.