Empathy continues to grow and so do our efforts to boost quality assessment, which is why we’re looking for experienced Quality Assurance Engineers to join our rapidly growing team.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you will be responsible for creating and implementing a strategy for quality coordination and testing as well as suggesting solutions to identified quality problems.
In this quest, you will work closely with developers and product managers in order to identify system requirements and you’ll also be responsible for investigating the causes of non-conforming software in order to train users to implement solutions.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We’re looking for someone with great communication and time-management skills, who is very methodical and also a good team player. A critical thinker with great problem solving skills who’s always up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies.
The position is based out of Gijón / Coruña / Remote.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly, and track bugs
- Perform exhaustive regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Monitor debugging process results
- +4 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer
- 4 years of experience with a variety of different testing techniques such as UI Testing, Automated Testing, and Test Driven Development Strategies
- 4 years of experience with coding using JAVA, HTML5, DB2, XML
- Experience with software QA tools and processes
- A sense of ownership and pride in your performance and its impact on the company’s success
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- 2.5K training budget per year
- Reduced working hours on Fridays and during the summer months
- Private medical insurance
- Free English lessons at the office
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Unlimited fruit, coffee and tea
- Online functional training classes
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help brands provide irresistible search, pairing software with interfaces to combine function and beauty in one. Today, it remains free from the investors trap while maintaining a 30% year-on-year growth and a cashflow positive balance since its inception. This means we can focus solely on Product with 0% resource allocation to sales and 100% to Product.
Top companies like Carrefour (EU), Kroger (US), Inditex (Worldwide) and Vodafone (EU) trust empathy.co to revolutionise Information Retrieval from mere results to meaningful relations. Liberating search from data by giving design and aesthetics the role they deserve, transforming interactions into an art-form that people want to be a part of.
empathy.co is currently going through an expansion process with our team (140 and growing) distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in A Coruña and Gijón.