As a Scrum Master, you’ll use your knowledge of agile methodologies to facilitate the scrum ceremonies: daily standup, sprint planning sessions, sprint reviews and retrospectives. In charge of not only product teams but also delivery and operations, you’ll manage all the Empathy teams that follow an agile approach as their master of ceremonies.
As part of an agile product team, you’ll collaborate with product owners, project managers and other engineers in the quest of evolving and continuously improving the processes that involve the team.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A committed, enthusiastic and forward-thinking individual with the capacity to empathise with the rest of the team.
Someone who is not afraid to ask questions and who is always keen to learn and improve.
A motivated self-starter who loves a challenge and who is always pushing themselves, their ideas, and the norm.
Position based out of Gijón / A Coruña / Remote.
- At least +2 years of experience in leading product teams and have contributed to create high performing teams.
- Scrum Master Certification.
- Excellent facilitation, conflict mediation, and situational awareness skills.
- Not only facilitate scrum events, but also relationships, collaboration and communication both within the team and the team’s environment to ensure full team engagement.
- Not afraid to raise issues in order to inspire change and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with the Product Owner to ensure the correct definition of user histories, prioritization of them in the Product Backlog, survey of risks and dependencies with other teams.
- Guide and share team-oriented behaviors and interactions
- Proactivity, commitment and autonomy
- Open mindset and eagerness to learn
- Outstanding spoken and written English
- Good understanding of agile product development and the life cycle of software products
- Degree in Computer Science or related fields (i.e. Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Computational Neuroscience)
- Experience with team collaboration tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Modern office and nimble, bright team
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Flexible working hours & Possibility to work from home.
- 2.5K Training Budget per year.
- Reduced working hours on a Friday and during the summer months
- Private medical insurance
- Free English lessons at the office
- Competitive salary
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Unlimited fruit, coffee and tea.
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team-building events)
- Mentoring and personal development as well as travel opportunities
- Participation in hackathons
- Enjoy our fabulous office gym and musical instruments
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help brands provide irresistible search, pairing software with interfaces to combine function and beauty in one. Today, it remains free from the investors trap while maintaining a 30% year-on-year growth and a cashflow positive balance since its inception. This means we can focus solely on Product with 0% resource allocation to sales and 100% to Product.
Top companies like Carrefour (EU), Kroger (US), Inditex (Worldwide) and Vodafone (EU) trust empathy.co to revolutionise Information Retrieval from mere results to meaningful relations. Liberating search from data by giving design and aesthetics the role they deserve, transforming interactions into an art-form that people want to be a part of.
empathy.co is currently going through an expansion process with our team (140 and growing) distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in A Coruña and Gijón.