empathy.co is looking for a Developer or Engineer who is passionate about writing to become a Developer Writer and Advocate to help develop and expand the company’s API and technical resources library, amplify its industry reach and awareness while also growing its developer communities.
We’re on a mission to engage with clients and communities more proactively. We want to ensure we’re sharing ideas, expertise and the latest product updates while also making sure we’re as developer-friendly as possible. This means we’re in the process of reworking the company’s entire documentation library while creating more technical content, articles and how to guides. We want to ensure that understanding, implementing, and maintaining Empathy’s APIs is easier than ever before.
The new Developer Writer and Advocate will sit within the product teams working closely with developers, engineers and analysts to amplify some of the amazing work they do while also collaborating with designers and marketers. They will produce high quality API documentation, product overviews, technical guides, blog articles, white papers, tutorials and videos, while identifying opportunities to build awareness within the developer community.
The position is based out of Gijón or Narón.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Create, identify and drive new developer content and day-to-day management of the API documentation library.
- Review content written by other technical internal stakeholders such as developers, engineers and analysts.
- Convert complex information into clear, simple and engaging messages for use across multiple channels and for various audiences.
- Work with marketing to generate engaging, public content such as blog articles and social media posts while identifying new and trending topics and discussions.
- Research and detect opportunities to expand the company’s developer network and build brand awareness within the developer community through social media, forums, talks and events.
- Connect on a peer-to-peer level with developers and other advocates or influencers to develop industry relationships and spot opportunities for collaboration, sponsorship and partnerships.
Education and job experience:
- Degree level or above in Computer Science or a similar technical subject.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience within a technical role involving programming and coding.
- An in-depth technical knowledge with experience in technical writing.
- Outstanding written communication skills in English.
- Previous work within a start-up environment, SaaS or the eCommerce Industry is not essential but advantageous.
Key skills and behaviours:
- Excellent English speaker.
- Impeccable communication skills, both oral and written.
- Love of APIs and Search.
- A visual and creative eye to be able to produce aesthetically pleasing content with good attention to detail.
- Ability to work at pace while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- A creative and innovative thinker who’s passionate about Technology and doing things differently.
- Ability and drive to learn new skills and tasks quickly.
- Proactive with a teamwork attitude.
- Extremely competitive salary.
- Flexible working hours.
- Private medical insurance.
- Modern office.
- Opportunity to attend relevant training courses.
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team building event).
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture.
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help brands provide irresistible search, pairing software with interfaces to combine function and beauty in one.
empathy.co remains free from the investors trap while maintaining a 30% year-on-year growth and a cashflow positive balance since its inception. This means Empathy’s team can focus solely on Product with 0% resource allocation to sales and 100% to Product.
Top companies like Carrefour (EU), Kroger (US), Inditex (Worldwide) and Vodafone (EU) trust Empathy to revolutionise Information Retrieval from mere results to meaningful relations. Liberating search from data by giving design and aesthetics the role they deserve, transforming interactions into an art-form that people want to be a part of.
empathy.co tools have the power to shape users, enabling imagination-driven strategies from where irresistible experiences are sourced. Transforming the traditional notions of search into digital spaces that consumers love.
Empathy’s teams (45 and growing) are distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in Narón.
If you hold these skills and feel motivated by this challenge,