Position based out of Gijón or A Coruña.
“UX Engineer has 2 ‘lenses’ or specialities within a ladder”.
What is a UXE?
As Empathy’s UX Engineer you’ll be free to move between both lenses without any process but your own willingness.
You will be reporting to Empathy’s Product Leaders and our Founder who drives product vision and Empathy’s new Create (UXE Design) & Play (UXE Engineering) team.
What will I do?
Feel happy, nothing makes us feel happier than feeling creative and playful ;)
Build prototypes, tools and frameworks to aid the product ideation process.
Research and investigate, not being afraid of breaking disciplinary boundaries.
- Passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Ability to collaborate with visual and user experience designers to create and implement new features
- Experience interfacing with RESTful services
- Component-oriented development
- Ability to write effective unit, integration and e2e tests
- Proactivity, commitment and autonomy
- Open mindset and eagerness to learn
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less
- Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks: Jasmine, Mocha, Selenium, Protractor…
- Experience with frontend tooling: Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Bower, npm…
- Experience with data visualisation tools like D3.js or deck.gl
- Knowledge of TypeScript and/or ES6
- Strong taste for design and understanding of UX
- Concerned about performance, scalability, reliability, mobile-first and cross-browser capabilities
- Experience with Git and other team collaboration tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Modern office and nimble, bright team
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Flexible working hours & Possibility to work from home.
- 2.5K Training Budget per year.
- Reduced working hours on a Friday and during the summer months
- Private medical insurance
- Free English lessons at the office
- Competitive salary
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Unlimited fruit, coffee and tea.
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team-building events)
- Mentoring and personal development as well as travel opportunities
- Participation in hackathons
- Enjoy our fabulous office gym and musical instruments
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help eCommerce stores provide a more joyful search and discovery experience, pairing great technology, functionality and features with customer inspiration, emotions and empathy.
As a self-financed company, we dictate our own roadmap and our technology, products and teams are all driven by the desire to be challenged, to grow and to innovate. This vision is accomplished by creating an inventive, imaginative and creative ecosystem, which is handled with efficiency, standards and processes that render high profitability and growth.
A fast growing company, Empathy is currently going through an expansion process. Today, our team (90 and growing) is distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón and growing Engineering teams in Narón, A Coruña and Gijón.
Some of the largest and most successful commerce stores in the world use empathy.co including: Vodafone, Mango, Inditex, Casa del Libro, Interflora, Adolfo Dominguez, Accessorize, AdoreMe, Fenwick and Soho House. For more information visit www.empathy.co.