Position based out of Gijón or A Coruña.
“UX Engineer has 2 ‘lenses’ or specialities within a ladder”.
What is a UXE?
As Empathy’s UX Engineer you’ll be free to move between both lenses without any process but your own willingness.
You will be reporting to Empathy’s Product Leaders and our Founder who drives product vision and Empathy’s new Create (UXE Design) & Play (UXE Engineering) team.
What will I do?
Feel happy, nothing makes us feel happier than feeling creative and playful ;)
Build prototypes, tools and frameworks to aid the product ideation process.
Research and investigate, not being afraid of breaking disciplinary boundaries.
Position based out of Gijón / A Coruña / Remote.
- Passion for creating clean, functional and well-designed code
- Ability to collaborate with visual and user experience designers to create and implement new features
- Experience interfacing with RESTful services
- Component-oriented development
- Ability to write effective unit, integration and e2e tests
- Proactivity, commitment and autonomy
- Open mindset and eagerness to learn
- Understanding of CSS preprocessors such as Sass or Less
- Knowledge of frontend testing frameworks: Jasmine, Mocha, Selenium, Protractor…
- Experience with frontend tooling: Grunt, Gulp, Webpack, Bower, npm…
- Experience with data visualisation tools like D3.js or deck.gl
- Knowledge of TypeScript and/or ES6
- Strong taste for design and understanding of UX
- Concerned about performance, scalability, reliability, mobile-first and cross-browser capabilities
- Experience with Git and other team collaboration tools
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Modern office and nimble, bright team
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Flexible working hours & Possibility to work from home.
- 2.5K Training Budget per year.
- Reduced working hours on a Friday and during the summer months
- Private medical insurance
- Free English lessons at the office
- Competitive salary
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Unlimited fruit, coffee and tea.
- Bi-annual EmpathyDay (company-wide team-building events)
- Mentoring and personal development as well as travel opportunities
- Participation in hackathons
- Enjoy our fabulous office gym and musical instruments
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help brands provide irresistible search, pairing software with interfaces to combine function and beauty in one. Today, it remains free from the investors trap while maintaining a 30% year-on-year growth and a cashflow positive balance since its inception. This means we can focus solely on Product with 0% resource allocation to sales and 100% to Product.
Top companies like Carrefour (EU), Kroger (US), Inditex (Worldwide) and Vodafone (EU) trust empathy.co to revolutionise Information Retrieval from mere results to meaningful relations. Liberating search from data by giving design and aesthetics the role they deserve, transforming interactions into an art-form that people want to be a part of.
empathy.co is currently going through an expansion process with our team (140 and growing) distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in A Coruña and Gijón.