At Empathy, we’re working tirelessly to make our products and deliverables simple and easy to use and understand, and we believe that amazing design is key to achieving this.
Having this in mind, our goal is to create a transparent, straightforward and enjoyable experience for our users by elevating and enhancing our products.
As a Visual Designer for Empathy, you will help the UX and Interface teams design solutions both in house and for some of the world’s top eCommerce brands. You will work closely with product managers, Scrum masters and engineers to create quality products and also support the design needs of other teams.
In your day-to-day you’ll design across all stages of a product, including wireframes, mockups, and prototypes for mobile app & web products, as well as icons, illustrations, and basic motion designs and animations. You’ll also create eye-catching content for social media and PR, while ensuring consistency with the company’s brand and design direction.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
A hands-on, inventive individual with the ability to think from visual, UX and content perspectives. Someone with the ability to distill complex problems and information into designs that are engaging, easy to understand and simple to follow. A person with the Capacity to work across multiple layers of our organization, including design, product, marketing and engineering, who can lay out designs that are mainly typographic and highly informational but also designs and illustrations for content that is highly visual.
We’d love to see your portfolio showcasing your design, process and your proficiency in delivering compelling creative products!
Position based out of Gijón / A Coruña / Remote
- 2 years’ experience as a designer, at an agency or in-house
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Cloud and other relevant design tools
- Proficiency with Invision Studio (design & prototype)
- Experience with wire-framing and prototyping tools like Sketch & Principle
- Attention to Detail with an expert eye for typography, color and layout
- Holistic thinking, in a user-centric fashion, with a sharp eye for detail and consistency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Good spoken and written English
- Clear understanding of Agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Opportunity to attend tech courses, events and conferences worldwide
- Flexible working hours and possibility to work from home
- 2.5K training budget per year
- Reduced working hours on Fridays and during the summer months
- Private medical insurance
- Free English lessons at the office
- High-end gear: a 13-inch MacBook Pro with dual monitor setup and the IDE of your choice
- Working with cutting-edge technologies
- Unlimited fruit, coffee and tea
- And most importantly: an amazing working atmosphere and team culture
empathy.co was founded in 2012 to help brands provide irresistible search, pairing software with interfaces to combine function and beauty in one. Today, it remains free from the investors trap while maintaining a 30% year-on-year growth and a cashflow positive balance since its inception. This means we can focus solely on Product with 0% resource allocation to sales and 100% to Product.
Top companies like Carrefour (EU), Kroger (US), Inditex (Worldwide) and Vodafone (EU) trust empathy.co to revolutionise Information Retrieval from mere results to meaningful relations. Liberating search from data by giving design and aesthetics the role they deserve, transforming interactions into an art-form that people want to be a part of.
empathy.co is currently going through an expansion process with our team (140 and growing) distributed between Head Offices in London and Gijón, Account and Marketing teams in New York, Barcelona and Valencia, and a growing Engineering team in A Coruña and Gijón.