Partner with Experience Squads and unlock how to utilise search in exciting and entertaining ways.
Search is now a conversation that has shifted focus from finding into discovering through contextual triggers such as:
- Search-as-you-type suggestions
- Discovery walls
- Personalised recommendations
As experts in Search and Discovery, we live and breathe search, and our goal is to ensure consumers enjoy an irresistible and engaging digital experience.
About this Squad
Search has got to be fast and relevant, but more importantly, it creates joyful and trustworthy interactions and connections between your customers and your catalogue.
Designing a Search Experience that understands the connections between people and data may be the biggest and most unexpected breakthrough for your brand. With this squad, you’ll get insightful tips and learn how to make search the most irresistible asset of your online shop.
What are you going to achieve?
- Search performance: Clicks, exits, findability, and sales.
- Behavioural UX analysis: Queries per session, refinements, duration, user type (new vs returning), devices and search happiness.
- Query reports: Query clusters, No Results, trends.
- Clicks and sales performance.
- Text, voice and image search.
- Personalisation in search.
- Conversational search and chatbots.
Search Experience Design; Mobile First or Mobile Only?
- The search box: Size and location.
- Discovery walls: Search trends, most searched for products, user search history, contextual queries.
- Search-as-you-type: Search suggestions, SKUs, promoted links.
- Expressive design: Box expansion, suggestions, etc.
- Type of results: Product, content, stores, FAQs, etc.
- Results layout: Single vs multiple listings, dynamic layouts based on query type.
- Data transparency and privacy.
- Facets: single or multiple selection.
- Product information: Hover, attributes, etc.
- Expressive Design Merchandising: Promoted links, banners.
No Results Queries
- Partial results.
- SKU search and out of stock references.
- Non catalogue search.
- Stores, returns, etc.
“Empathy's Teams for design and experiences covered everything from the search engine to reporting, the user interface to the user experience, and it was not only enjoyable but inspirational. We learnt an incredible amount and look forward to taking this back to our customers as well as working alongside empathy.co collaboratively in the future. We’d thoroughly recommend partnering with Empathy's Squads and Teams.”
“Empathy's Experience Squad is insightful, inspirational and agile in developing and scaling our Products.”
“Lots for us to take away, from the culture within which Empathy operates to their passion for search. We’ve built a great foundation for the future.”
“Empathy’s Squads opened our minds to new ideas through a deeper understanding and analysis of our own site as well as a greater awareness of industry trends and innovations. It was both informative and energetic, and we came away with renewed enthusiasm and ideas. An excellent and very worthwhile session.”
“Our new site search engine is awesome! We’re now able to guide our visitors to the right products or information easily, effortlessly and elegantly, and this is just the beginning.”